Office of Guardianship
The Developmental Disabilities Planning Council’s (DDPC) Office of Guardianship (OOG) is a statewide publicly funded program for New Mexican adults who need a Guardian, are income eligible, and are alleged to be incapacitated.
OOG Services Include:
- Educating the public about least restrictive alternatives and guardianship;
- One-time legal services to request the State District Court to appoint a Family or Professional Guardian for income eligible adults;
- Providing Professional Guardians to Protected Persons who do not have family or natural supports who are able to become the Guardian;
- Providing Mental Health Treatment Guardians;
- Recruiting and contracting with Professional Guardians, Attorneys, and Court Visitors; and
- Responding to and investigating complaints against Professional Guardians contracted with DDPC.