« View All News
News & Events
March 11, 2021
Virtual 2021 Summit on Advocacy
The DDPC, along with the Arc of New Mexico, will be hosting the 2021 Self-advocacy Summit in June. The theme is Moving Forward Together Through Innovation, Advocacy and Collaboration. We are looking for presentations that cover the following areas:
• Creative strategies on coping with isolation during a pandemic;
• How self-advocacy can empower people with disabilities to reclaim access and independence;
• How disability has impacted access to healthcare today;
• How policies have affected waiver programs;
• What is the importance of employment and inclusion now?
Click here to download the presentation proposal form
The session length will be 90 minutes plus 30 minutes for Q and A. The deadline for proposals is the end of the day on April 9. For more information, read the attachment above, which includes information on how to submit a proposal. Please feel free to submit widely among your networks. Thank you for your time and we look forward to hearing from you soon.