June 9, 2021
The DDPC, along with the Arc of New Mexico, will be hosting the 2021 Self-advocacy Summit in June. The theme is Moving Forward Together Through Innovation, Advocacy and Collaboration.
This is a free virtual conference that will span over 4 Wednesdays during June. Each Wednesday will be four sessions. The exact dates are June 9, June 16, June 23 and June 30. June 9 will be from 9:30 am to 4 pm, and all other days will be from 10 am to 4 pm.
Starting on June 9th, we will begin with opening remarks from Executive Director Alice Liu McCoy of the Developmental Disabilities Council and a variety of sessions that will interest almost everyone!
The conference will cover topics such as:
• Creative strategies on coping with isolation during a pandemic;
• How self-advocacy can empower people with disabilities to reclaim access and independence;
• How disability has impacted access to healthcare today;
• How policies have affected waiver programs;
• What is the importance of employment and inclusion now?
The event will take place on June 9, To see the agenda for the conference, click here
To register for FREE, click here